Throughout the country, there have been several adaptations of the ongoing digital trend. Implementation of the revised traffic rules is no exception too. The trend of online challans is one such example. This article will focus on the basic details of the Delhi Traffic Challan. There might have been such circumstances where you might have violated certain traffic rule(s), either intentionally or unintentionally.
Whatever the case, if such an occurrence takes place at any point of time, you become liable to clear the challan issued by the concerned authorities. The process of the payment of challan may become hectic at times. Therefore, the online payment strategy has become quite popular. In India, each and every state maintains a different website for easy payment of the Delhi traffic challans. These challans can be easily accessed simply by visiting the respective official website.
How to check the e-challan status online
It is not difficult to check the status of the challan online. There are a few simple steps that you need to follow in order to check the status of the traffic challan.
- First, visit the respective official website- echallan.parivahan.gov.in
- For checking the e-challan status, search for the option called “check challan status” on the right side.
- Click on that option
- You will get automatically redirected to a new webpage
- Enter the relevant details as required for checking the challan status
How to pay online e-challan in Delhi
- Firstly, visit the official transport department website of Delhi i.e. delhitrafficpolice.nic.in
- There is a special section that is entirely dedicated to the payment of fines for violation of the traffic rules. Select the type of charge(s) you are required to pay- spot fines, violation notices, parking charges, etc.
- Select the relevant link and enter the necessary details depending on the nature of the rule violation
- Enter the respective vehicle registration number both new and old and/or parking violation tag number
- Enter the relevant details of the current as well as the outstanding amount
- Make the necessary payment
- Enter the security captcha code
- Click on the “submit” option
This is in short a comprehensive guide regarding the Delhi traffic challan. Regular maintenance is required to keep the system updated for the mutual benefit of the transport department as well as the general public. This eases a lot of hassles and time loss.